Thursday, January 18, 2007

I Love Snowdays!

I love snowdays!! They rarely happen where we live but I think I am almost as excited as my kids when we get them. Why? I love being home. And I love snow. I grew up with snow and now live where it rains---and rains and rains. All winter. Sometimes it will rain every single day of the month. That's rain people! Anyhoo, snow is fun to play in (whereas rain is not)!
The other reason I like snowdays is because we get to STAY HOME! This is a rare experience when one has seven children. I am a homebody at heart and the things I love to do most are from the home. I love to read, watch movies, sew, quilt, scrapbook, journal and just spend time with my kids. I also like to bake (which differs from COOK). Yesterday I made a big batch of chocolate chip cookies and we all had hot chocolate and ate cookies and watched a movie (The Twelve Dogs of Christmas) and I read a book (Attaching in Adoption by Deborah Gray which I would highly recommend). I also had a nice phone conversation with our 23 yo son, James. Oh, and of course, we played in the snow! A perfect day!

No comments: