Friday, January 26, 2007

An Update on Our Process

Lots of exciting things happened yesterday in regard to information on our adoption.
First, I talked to Robin at Holt regarding some questions I had. She is just the nicest woman. She has a gentle southern accent and just acts like she has all the time in the world to answer my questions, even tho I know she is an extremely busy woman.
Anyway, of course, my most important question was to ask her if she had any updated information regarding the timing of our match. It sounds like it will happen in the next couple of months--which isn't very "exact" but I know that over and over we have been told that the match part is the most unpredicatable part of Vietnamese adoptions. There is no rhyme or reason as to when Vietnam will release children to Holt nor how many they will release at one time.
After I got off the phone with Robin, I checked my e-mail and got a quarterly update from the Vietnam program. I was very excited to read it! It confirmed that indeed, we could possibly be matched with our child in a couple of months--and maybe sooner!!! Our match will come quicker than most because we want an older child and are open to special needs. Our daughter, Kim, had cleft lip and palate and our son, Paul, had a heart defect.
When we went to our Care Group (Bible study group) I shared our update and during prayer time one of our members prayed the most beautiful prayer. She prayed that when Robin at Holt receives pictures and files of children from Vietnam, that she will look at the child that GOD HAS ALREADY CHOSEN FOR US and just KNOW that that is our child; that Robin will think, "I just KNOW this child is meant to be in the Henderson family!" I got chills all over when I heard that prayer!
Until that day I must remember Ecclesiastes 3:1 -- "To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under Heaven."

1 comment:

tncornett said...

That is fantastic news! I will be waiting to hear more and checking your blog daily to see progress. I love the part of the prayer too. Special indeed. What a nice post.