Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Home Runs From Heaven

I feel more at peace today. I know Joe's in heaven and I know that if he was given the choice to come back he wouldn't want to--heaven's too wonderful. Eric and I again discussed the "coincidence" of the woman he met on the plane that shared the book 90 Minutes In Heaven and know God put that angel of His there for a reason. I blogged about it in April.

I can only describe the feelings of sadness as deeper than I have ever known. I can compare it to this: before I had children, I thought I knew what love was, but once we had our first child I realized a depth of love I had never experienced before. And now, I thought I knew what sadness was, but having lost our son, I have discovered a depth deeper than I thought possible. And yet, and yet . . . that sadness is just for me. For us. For those left behind. My heart is filled with happiness for Joe to be with Jesus and I know that the next time we meet, it will be for ETERNITY. Joe is free!

Today I am home alone with Paul and was looking forward to some down time. Paul had different plans however ;-) When he woke up this morning, he said the first thing we have to do is listen to his Poke'mon CD while we eat breakfast. Next on the agenda was playing the Wii. Santa brought a Wii at Christmas but I have yet to touch the thing. Nintendo just isn't my deal. But, not exactly having anything else planned, I played Paul a game of baseball. The family has made all the members of the playing teams to resemble various members of our family and friends. "Joe" was on my team. I can tell you I absolutely STUNK at the baseball game BUT when "Joe" got up to bat he hit a home run!!!

Joe is smiling up in heaven right now :-) And we are beginning to smile down here too. Our lives are overflowing with blessings including being surrounded by so many people who love us, a very happy 9 yo boy who has finally talked his mom into playing the Wii . . . and Joe hitting home runs from heaven.

4 comments:

Christina said...

I don't know what to say. I am thankful that God is giving you the peace that surpasses understanding, and for the blessings of your children and a divine homerun.

maxhelcal said...

Ann, I just read your news on the Holt board. I feel so overcome with sadness seeing your family lose your wonderful Joe. Such a handsome boy! You are an amazing mother being so strong for your other children. What a special memory you made with Paul as Joe smiled down on the two of you.

Praying for you guys.

~Michelle

Anne said...

What an extra-special blessing just for you. Don't you love how God does that!?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.