Monday, October 29, 2007

THE BIG DAY HAS ARRIVED!

It's 4am and the big day has arrived! We didn't sleep well last night--excitement and worry about the alarm clock going off. Our G&R got moved up two hours so we are now being picked up at 5:45.

Last night we ate at an authentic pho restaurant. Pho is VN noodle soup, usually with beef in it. We all ate with chopsticks. I did eventually ask for a fork as it looked to me like Eric needed one but being the stubborn guy he is, he refused to use the fork and eventually ate all his soup! He even liked it. I am sure we were quite comical to the employees at the restaurant as it was small so they all seemed to be congregating where they could watch us.

I can't really describe my feelings right now. Excitement! Disbelief! Thankfulness to God for this day and for a chance to be a mother once again to a precious little boy. It is an honor beyond words to be able to be a mother again.

Next time I blog I will have Vu in my arms!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

OH MY GOSH! I am SO excited for you guys!! I can not wait to hear about your first encounter with Vu!

Gretchen said...

I can't wait to read the next post! You are so close now!! We are praying here for a peaceful day for you and a great first meeting!