Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Not Your Everyday Bank Visit

We just got word we will get to see Paul's foster family in Korea. I am so excited! I am going to throw together a photo album for them and have Paul write them a letter. Holt Korea is still trying to locate Kim's foster mother. They said they will keep trying right up until the day we are there. She was elderly so I hope she is okay. I know it would mean so much to Kim.

I just got back from the bank. Eric went yesterday. Eric got a lot of one dollar bills to take for tips. Eric jokingly informed the teller (a guy) that he was NOT going to a strip club :-) The guy looked at him a little strangely and said, "Well in today's economy, you'd need 5's not 1's." I'm glad my husband does not know this!

I went to the bank today. I just needed to deposit some checks and get a little cash for the trip. I told the teller I wanted really new, crisp $50 bills. (Just FYI for other APs, new bills can be ordered a week ahead of time. I did not know this and had to take whatever the machine spit out to the teller.) The teller then told me that I should really think about some long-term higher interest options with the balance in our savings account. I looked at her kind of blankly and said, "Um, well . . . er, um . . . that money is just there temporarily."

I don't know why I didn't just say we were in the midst of an international adoption and had recently sold off our children's future inheritance, returned all pop cans and emptied every piggy-bank in the house; and that actually all that money was already spent on airfares and hotels. Instead I just gave her a blank stare and walked away feeling like the lady must think I'm a drug dealer or something!

I guess after those experiences we might need to switch banks!

Okay, I REALLY need to go finish packing! Almost done!!!! ALMOST!

No comments: