Friday, November 2, 2007

Lizzy strikes back

Eh. Decided it's been a few days since I've posted, so I may as well.

I leave tomorrow night- Sad day!! I'm going to miss the new little boy who calls me em-ME with such a funny accent. :]

If I have to describe Vu. . .Hmm. HE LOVES FOOD. Haha. He eats just about anything and everything and loves it. Today at the puppet theater he found a granola bar in his backpack after the show, and despite us telling him to wait until we got outside he seemed determined to get the darned thing open.

Mom keeps asking me if I can stay longer. The more comfortable Vu gets with us the more energy he seems to gain. Here I was expecting this shy little boy and instead I have one who runs screaming down the hall just to give me a hug.

Last night I decided he could have a turn to sleep with Mom and Dad, however as soon as I put him in bed next to Daddy he jumped back up and ran into mine and Kim's room. We had to pretend to fall asleep with him, so we could get back up to watch our Grey's Anatomy marathon.

This trip has been amazing. I look at things in such a new perspective, and am really greatful for what I have. I've also learned that procrastination STINKS. Yes guys, it's taken 14 years to grow on me. I now have quite a bit of homework to catch up on. Good thing for long plane rides!!

I've learned more on this trip than I ever thought I would. One of the main things being that I now know I will never, EVER, drive over here in Vietnam. Just kidding. (...well, kind of. :]). I had no idea how much of a difference there would be between America and Vietnam, and my eyes have now been opened to that.


And now I would like to tell you the first thing I'm buying in America.

A cheese burger and french fries!!! Sorry guys- this food just isn't my style. I've been living off noodles and Pho.

(Hey, just be glad I ate the Pho. See? I didn't just eat american food the whole time! Though the french fries I had at lunch today were rather yummy...)

No comments: