Monday, March 17, 2008

Pruning In Order To Bear Fruit

I spent a quiet weekend spending time away from the computer, and praying about God's will for our lives. We have time to do all that God has Called us to do, it's just a matter of pruning away those things that aren't as important to make way. John 15:1-16 keeps popping up and I found a particularly meaningful synopsis-- read here

As the article states, pruning can be painful and it is difficult in this busy life of ours to decide what's important and what isn't. There are so many things that SEEM important. There are so many opportunities for us and our children. And yet, prune we must in order to have time for more eternal things.

I desire to bear more fruit and so, I must prune.

2 comments:

asian~treasures said...

Purning--ouch. That's where I was about a month ago. I certainly didn't like what the Lord was doing at the time, but, looking back, I'm thankful!

Sheri-Holt BB

Anne said...

Amen! One of our goals as parents is to live at a slower pace than the "average" American family!!! We want our children to learn to value and appreciate the truly important things in life. What a challenge it can be in our culture (and with a family of SO many children), huh?