Monday, March 3, 2008

Random Tips

Sometimes I think of some random parenting/life tip that I learned from those smarter than me. Like today. I was driving back to the pharmacy. Okay, that's a lie. I was driving to Starbuck's but the martyrdom sounded so much better.

Anyhoo, Vu fell asleep in the carseat and I wanted to keep him asleep once we got home. Here's my great random tip:

When moving a sleeping toddler/preschooler from the carseat to the house do not lay them down. Sit them up semi-upright like on couch pillows, trying to emulate the same position they were in the carseat. They are much more likely to stay asleep.

I learned this four kids ago. It works.

4 comments:

The Coys said...

Why didn't you ever share this tip with me?! This could be dangerous now coming out with all your expert tips - you've been holding out!

Ange said...

Thanks for the good tip. I will try it.

Max & Anne-Marie said...

Great tip - should have read before today though when Nicholas woke up when placed in his crib after the car ride. He had only a 20 min afternoon nap - yikes!

StaceynCorey said...

What a great tip. I would have never thought of that. Thanks.