Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Photobucket

Preparing for some Halloween fun--a cowgirl and a belly dancer:
Photobucket

Vu's excited for his first Halloween!
Photobucket

Vu is a Star Wars pilot, Paul is a ninja and Patrick is a soccer player!
Photobucket

First, we went to visit James at his work. My James is a smart boy. He is dressed up as a hunter. Wanna know why he is so smart? He was heading out for hunting later in the evening. Un-huh, smart costume, huh?
Photobucket

Everyone minus Kim who was with friends but plus a neighbor kid but minus Will (working) but plus James' girlfriend. That pretty much sums up how most of our family pictures are--pluses and minuses.
Photobucket

Ready to hit the neighborhood for some candy:
Photobucket

First stop, our super fantastic neighbor K who always has a special goodie bag for our kids--this was Vu's first trick-or-treat experience:
Photobucket
Photobucket

Two hours later--mission accomplished:
Photobucket

The king was in his counting house, counting out his money. I mean, candy . . .
Photobucket

Sorting the loot--with a look of dreamy chocolate drunkeness:
Photobucket

Eating, and eating, and EATING! For some reason, he now has a stomachache.
Photobucket

The funny comment of the night. I had little containers of playdough to hand out to the Trick-or-Treaters coming to my door. (For the record, I also had candy for bigger kids.) I always like the idea of giving something other than candy like pencils or bubbles but my kids say it's SO lame! Anyhoo, I thought I was being creative with the playdough and Lizzy looked at it, picked one up, sighed and said, "Really mom? Playdough? Next year you're probably going to hand out broccoli!!!"

Don't tempt me girl! Don't tempt me!

2 comments:

maxhelcal said...

What a great Halloween you had! Isn't Halloween such an amazing holiday!!?? (my personal fav) No stress... just lots of fun and yummy treats. Nice weather this year too.

I used to sort out my candy like your youngest! hahaha Then we would do trades.

~Michelle

Stevens Family said...

LOL!! I had play doh too!!! :) Ok, we ended up going to the "Boo at the Zoo" at the last minute and missed all the trick or treating so now I have way too much candy and all these little cans of play doh to get rid of some how. Perhaps I can send them to a family that'll be traveling soon :)