Sunday, October 12, 2008

Vu's First Year Home

One year ago today we received our travel call for Vu. It was one of the happiest moments of my life.

When Joe died I didn't think I would ever feel "utter and complete" happiness again. I was wrong. That phone call is forever etched in my mind and the best part is, the happiness Vu brings was just beginning.

Here's a video montage featuring our trip to Vietnam, our first moments together and Vu's first year.

I hope that someone, somewhere, will put their fears aside about adopting an older child, especially an older boy, and see that the joys far outweigh any difficulties. His first year has been full of all the "firsts" of a baby, just in fast forward!

He truly is a JOY and we thank God every day for His precious gift!

2 comments:

SueCQ said...

Ann . . . your video made me cry! Congrats on the one year anniversary and all the successes since then! As I've told you before, you are one of my role models, as we are (hopefully) soon to bring home our little 7 yo. We anxiously await our final VN approval and pray that it comes in the next month (although it may be longer). The wait is getting excruciatingly difficult, but your video "raised me up"! Thank you for sharing!

Annette said...

Amazing! I loved your video. It brought back memories for us too because we remember following your blog when you went to Vietnam to bring Vu home. Thanks for sharing with us!

Annette