Thursday, November 20, 2008

#1 Tattoo Update

You have pushed number one, Tattoo Update.

I have decided on my tattoo! It is going to be a ladybug. I have always loved ladybugs and believe they are a sign of good things to come.

My ladybug is going to have eight spots--one for each kid. I am having a cross put in where the wings and head come together. I am going to circle around the ladybug with the word "family," written three times, but in three different languages--English, Korean and Vietnamese.

And YES OF COURSE I am leaving plenty of space for more dots--this is upon the advice of my older children, NOT my husband!

I am planning on putting it on my foot tho possibly the shoulder.

I am still deciding WHERE to have it done. The shop where Will got his "isn't my style" according to Will which translates into "isn't as clean as an operating room" which is what I'm looking for.

As for size. I have decided to go with lifesize. A lifesize ladybug. What do you think?

That, of course, is a joke--but not by much. The ladybug will be about the size of a dollar coin with the words written around it making it larger. Go ahead! Call me a chicken! I gotta start somewhere!

6 comments:

jeeper741 said...

I have to say that is an AWESOME tattoo choice!!! I really love how it is small but all the unique components came together perfectly!!! Rock on with ur tattooed bad self!!!! Can't wait to see how it comes out!!!

Jackie from the BB

4dogs said...

Love it. Can't wait to see it!

It's Absolutely Us. said...

When are you having it done?! I am so excited to see it!

Alex and Riann said...

I have been terribly curious... Sounds perfect. Thanks for the update!

The Coys said...

Lee got his done at Oddball Studios on the east side. They were super cool and good with color although his is in b&w. Awesome choice of a design!

Lori said...

The ladybug also happens to be the unofficial adoption sign. When we adopted our girls I bought myself a ladybug bracelet.