Friday, January 30, 2009

I'd Like To Thank . . .

. . . My parents, grandparents, sisters, husband, children, friends, enemies, kindergarten teacher, appliance delivery man, President, et al.--the fodder for my blogs. I would like to especially thank my wonderful, super amazing friend April at Party of Seven for giving me my first blog award!

Photobucket

Now here are the rules for this award:
1. Pass it on to 5 fabulous blogs, and include the one that gave it to you (and Link them) 2. List 5 of your fabulous addictions.

I created more rules for myself in choosing five fabulous blogs. No friends, family or freaks with the added rule that we must "know each other" through our blogs.

(Drum roll please . . . appearing in the order they entered my life . . . )

1. Ordinary Time
2. Bunny's Mom
3. With Honour
4. A Bushel and a Peck
5. Bryson Makes Eight

I can't wait until I get my new blog look (a Christmas gift from April) where I will list all my friends, sisters, and other blogs I love.

Photobucket

Now, for my five fabulous addictions (again I made rules they can't be addictions everyone already knows about like adoption, blogging, coffee, skinny dipping etc.)
1. Anything medical--I always thought I'd be a doctor when I grew up and still have a fascination with any TV show, news article, or study, regarding the field of medicine.
2.) People watching--I could sit for hours just watching their interactions--the sociological aspect is addicting.
3.) Reading--okay, so you already know I love to read, but I am truly addicted! I even caught myself reading the "Toxic Shock" information from the tampon box--AGAIN--which means I've gone beyond normal. I also love to read an incredibly wide variety of material--yes, including tampon box inserts.
4.) Adventure--anything new--ideas, food, travel, museums, experiences.
5.) Children. You already knew that? Did you know I have an amazing collection? You did? Well, did you know that when I first read the Guinness Book of World Records and discovered a girl had a baby at the age of nine I started praying I'd be next? (I was eight). This is truly my biggest (and most expensive) addiction. My bookcase is stuffed full of books on parenting and adoption. I have loved babies since I was a baby myself and spent my childhood cutting out kids pictures from the Sears catalog, naming them and drawing pictures of my future house! I would love to have twelve! Every age is fun--except the moving out stage, which Will is about to embark on--more blog fodder.

Thank you. Thank you very much! (You can't see me, but I'm bowing)

5 comments:

Sally- That Girl! said...

Ann, Thanks for the award. I needed it, just when you think no one is reading since they don't ever post! Thanks so much!!! I know it is really nothing to do with me but my charming adorable son who has melted our hearts even more than they already were from the others!

Your blog is one of my favorites too! You crack me up like no other! I am just laughing over not being considered a "freak"!

Thanks again!

Stevens Family said...

Love your list! I had fun visiting a few of your friends' blogs I had not seen before.

KelleyO said...

Thanks for the award! I'm not going to lie, I am very excited I even did a happy dance!

robandchristel said...

Wow! Thanks for the award Ann!!!!!! My first and only.
Narrowing down my addictions is going to be tough. I'll need some time. Does procrastination count as an addiction? Or is it just a strength?

-Rob

thecurryseven said...

Thanks for the award, Ann. As you can tell, nothing is moving at the speed of light around here...even thank you's.

Have to think about my addictions. Can I repeat? Sleep, red meat, sleep, red meat...

Elizabeth