Friday, January 2, 2009

Where Is God?

In regards to my last post, it really did have something to do with my children's birth mothers but it was near the end of that long post. Writing is therapeutic so I sometimes don't get to the point until I'm through with my therapy session! Thanks for providing the role of therapist--feel free to bill me!

As to Lori's question, I have read The Shack! I highly recommend it and would put it in my "Top 50 Favorites". It was especially helpful because Joe suffered so much through cancer and he was also in a relationship that wasn't the best--someone who hurt him a lot and hurt us a lot. Maybe someday I'll be able to talk/blog about it. Stick around for another ten years--then you'll REALLY be able to bill me!

Photobucket

The Shack (Wm Young) gave me an entirely new perspective on God's love for each of His children--even those who have done horrendous things. And indeed, the book starts out with every parent's nightmare--an abducted child. I wouldn't have been able to keep reading but Eric encouraged me to keep going. I'm glad I did. It put me on the road to healing.

I really can't put the book into words. I will say it does help answer the question, "Where is God in a world so filled with unspeakable pain?" It's a fiction book but I now think of God, heaven, forgiveness and unconditional love in new ways.

Put it on your New Years' Reading List. I hope you are all enjoying the last days of Christmas--I'm sad to see it end. We've had way too much fun and relaxation so it will be hard to get back into the swing of school! I might need more therapy soon!

No comments: