Monday, February 23, 2009

SUN

Let's see . . .
sun
fun at playgrounds
walks along the river
kite festival
train ride
sun
hot tub and pool
friends
family
BBQ
sun
book club
dinner with some VERY funny Texas women
flag football
birthday party with laser tag
children able to play outside for HOURS
sun
not to mention:
cheap gas
cheap houses
excellent schools
SUN

Can someone please explain to me why I don't live in TX? Why do I live where it RAINS most of the year?

Right now, I'm wondering folks. I really am. It's a good thing half my family is back home or ya'll might never see me again!

7 comments:

Party of Seven said...

That is why we left, why are you still living where it rains all the time??

Party of Seven said...

You did not write bugs anywhere in that list, you are in Texas right??

Kathyb1960 said...

Here in West Texas where I live, it is SUPPOSED to be near 90 today! YUCKO!!! I want cool weather! It's still FEB!!!

Annette said...

The sun is wonderful NOW....but in a few months when it is over 100 degrees every day and feels like your skin is cooking, you may re-think things. Don't get me wrong, I love living in the big lone star state, but it sure gets HOT here in the summer! :-)

Love,
Annette

robandchristel said...

Reasons to not live in Texas:
Heat
Fire Ants
The Brown Recluse
Heat
Chiggers
Tornadoes
Spiders the size of your head
Heat
Bumper stickers that say "Okay Yankee, you've seen Texas...now go home!"
VERY poisonous snakes
Heat

We lived in Texas for eight years and experienced all of the above.

We do miss the Texas sky, the people and the great schools though.

-Rob

Ann said...

My sister has been trying to talk me into moving here and she told me there aren't any bugs, snakes or tornados. Is she trying to trick me?

Come to think of it, I was actually HERE during a tornado.

But, there's no bugs or snakes. Rob is just kidding. So is April.

Right????

Wild Wendi said...

Rob missed two:

Scorpions
Hurricanes

My entire family is from Texas. They've tried the same trick on me that your sister is trying. Don't fall for it girl!

Wendi