Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Great Slumber Party

"Delight yourself in the Lord; and He shall give you the desires of your heart."
Psalms 37:4

Happy 12th Birthday Kim! You are a delight from the Lord, a precious blessing. Your laughter adds joy to our lives and your cuddles bring warmth to our hearts. Watching you blossom has been a wonder to behold! God has a very special plan for you and we are blessed, beyond measure, to be your parents. Seeing your smile everyday is a gift! We love you so much!

We had a very successful slumber party. I consider "successful" to mean the girls were all asleep before midnight. It took me 25 years but I've finally discovered the key:

Key #1) Have it on a Friday night, at the end of the week when the kids are already tired. THEN (key #2) take them swimming for two hours:
Photobucket
Open presents:
Photobucket
Tye-dye shirts:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Eat cake and pizza:
Photobucket
watch a movie, then watch TIRED girls quickly fall asleep!

I'm not getting older! I'm getting smarter! (Although it doesn't say much that it took me 25 years, and hundreds of slumber parties, to figure this out). It's birthday season around here! I've got some catching up to do!

6 comments:

Thankfulmom said...

Happy Birthday to Kim! It looks like it was a great party - like I say, you are a fun mom.
I shared two of your posts on my blog today - they are too good to be missed.
Lisa

everything we need is enough said...

Please tell her we said HaPpY BiRtHdAy!!

sandwichinwi said...

Happy Birthday Kim!

And we include our younger children in the "friend" festivities, too. Hey, if there's a craft or cake around, my littles want in, too!

BTW, I dreamt about Vu last night (he was MY kid and he needed a haircut--his bangs were in his eyes) I must be reading your blog too often! LOL

Blessings,
Sandwich

Sally- That Girl! said...

Happy Birthday!!!

A little trick of mine is that I quietly go around the house slowly changing all the clocks to an hour later than it really is. It works every time when I tell them they have to go to sleep at midnight but really it is only 11pm!!!

Annette said...

Happy Birthday Kim! Your mom sure knows how to throw a party!!! :-)

Ann said...

Sally--you're a sly one you are! Hadn't ever thought of that! LOL!

Sandwich--you must have ESP--I just got Vu's hair cut yesterday! In fact, five kids and me--all in the same day! Whew!

Thankful Mom--you know your blog is one of my favs so I appreciate the fact you thought those posts are helpful--I pray they will help others.

Everything and Annette--you both made me miss you! Everything travled with us to VN and Kim was with us. She smiled when I told her HB from you!

Annette was in our reunion group in TX--we pray everyday for DN kids. When all those kids come home my kids will be so shocked that we don't add that part to our prayers because they are all home! What a blessed day that will be!