Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Patrick's Easter Dilemma

Patrick received a chocolate cross for a prize at an Easter egg hunt. After looking at it for a very long time, he told me he didn't really feel it was right to eat a cross.

Being the wise theologian that I am, I didn't know what to say! I thought about offering to eat it for him but didn't think that was appropriate given the serious look on his solemn little face.

We got home and he looked at it and looked at it. I assured him that God would probably understand if he ate it. At that point, I did offer to partake. He didn't look convinced.

He put it on his dresser. Then, about ten minutes later, he went and got it and said he thought God would be okay with him eating it because otherwise it would just get rotten and then he would be WASTING it. God wouldn't want him to waste it! I happened to be sitting on the couch with the camera so I caught it all on film:
Photobucket
Before he took a bite he stopped and decided he should first pray. His prayer was something like, "God, I know you love me and you know I love You . . . so I hope you don't mind if I eat this cross."
Photobucket
Then, he took a bite.
Photobucket

Then he ate the whole thing.

I think God understands that chocolate is meant to be eaten!

2 comments:

Sally- That Girl! said...

Too sweet!!! What a gentle soul you have!

Party of Seven said...

So sweet!! My boys got the same crosses but they did not seem to mind eating them!!
Hey I am heading up there in a few weeks, we need to have tea or lunch!!! It will be May7th-11th, going home the afternoon of the 11th.