Thursday, May 7, 2009

ADORATION

Today is World AIDS Orphans Day. Please take a moment to visit Thankful Moms Blog to find out more and send a prayer to orphans devastated by AIDS. Perhaps you will even consider adopting a child with HIV.

Recently, a young 20's woman came up to me after a church service. She hesitated a moment and then said, "I just have to comment on your little boy . . . I was sitting behind you in church and, well, I don't normally just go up to total strangers to tell them my thoughts but I just have to tell you . . . I have never seen a child look at his mother with such adoration. It's just so obvious how much he loves you!"

I was caught off guard. The young woman seemed a little embarrassed, and yet compelled, to share her thoughts. I smiled, not sure what to say to this most amazing, touching, comment. Adoration. It's a word I don't hear often. Adoration.

"Well, thanks for sharing," I finally said, "It means a lot . . . I guess I should tell you that my son spent his first six years living in an orphanage, living without a mommy, so I think he just really appreciates having a Mommy a lot! Believe me, the feeling's mutual."

She looked at me for a moment, a little moist in the eyes and said, "That's obvious. You're a lucky mom."

I am.

Photobucket
Gotcha Day Oct 2007

3 comments:

Anne said...

So sweet! My mom tells me the same thing about Nicholas regularly. And you are exactly right... the feeling is MUTUAL!! We are BLESSED BEYOND MEASURE!

Annette said...

What a precious blessing! Such a wonderful early Mother's Day gift.

Love,
Annette

Stevens Family said...

Yes, moisture in the eyes once again from yet another touching story. I bet that just made your day. Very sweet.