Sunday, May 24, 2009

Make a Difference

It's easy to get caught up in the busyness of days and today, with my kids gone, I am reminded of the joy their presence brings. They are a blessing--and they have been blessed by so many who love them.

Today, I am especially thinking about all those who loved Vu long before I did. Vu has many people who love him in VN but I am also grateful for all those who loved him here in the States. Sponsors. He had prayers every day from at least one sponsor, who now has a son adopted from the same orphanage. Sponsors made it possible for Vu to grow up in a wonderful orphanage. He lacked many things but he had food, shelter, medical care, and most important--LOVE! Sponsors helped make these possible and he was able to go to preschool, participate in holiday parties, and receive specialty medical care when he had on-going ear infections. The life he lived would not have been possible without the funds given by sponsors.

Vietnam is closed but all the kids there still need love and support, just as Vu did when Vietnam closed down during the years he was there. Holt never gave up on continuing to support him and it was due to sponsors who continued to give.

The world is full of children who have nothing. Sponsorship is one way to reach out and make a difference, to give a child a chance to grow and blossom until they can, hopefully, be reunited with their birth family or matched with an adoptive family.

Make a difference. Change a life. Click HERE.
Every day, I thank all who made a difference for my little miracles!

Photobucket
(Lizzy wasn't adopted but I found this cute picture and I know she is thankful for sponsors too!)

I'm adding a link to Holt's sponsorship program on the side. You can even pick the specific child you would like to sponsor. It will be the best $1 a day you spend.

2 comments:

sandwichinwi said...

We sponsor four Holt children and it is the best money I spend all month.

Both of my boys had sponsors too, and Sunshine came home with the cards his sponsors had sent while he waited for us.

Please, if you are reading this and considering it, take the plunge and just do it! $30 a month.

Blessings,
Sandwich

Stevens Family said...

We'll be starting this after we get moved and see how money shakes out. It's such a wonderful thing to do.