Thursday, June 11, 2009

So You're Telling Me There's A Chance

We have one determined real-estate agent. She's smart and wonderful and not pushy at all and she's a friend on top of it--but she's determined too.

When we were thinking about moving last summer we asked her to keep an eye out for us if she ever saw anything in our school district. But then, we decided against moving for a wide variety of reasons--mostly because we like the idea of having our mortgage almost paid off (make that now past tense), we LOVE certain neighbors (some of our best friends), we are very happy with our schools and we have an unheard of location--walking distance to elementary, middle and high school and walking to shopping, parks, movie theater etc.

We decided that even if we felt a bit cramped here, we were happy, our kids were happy, we were here to stay.

We remodeled the bathrooms. We painted and updated some things. We re-arranged rooms--AGAIN!

Then our friend the real estate agent called about a "house that screamed Crazy Family!" A house that was our dream. IN our school distict. And BIG.

Honestly, we weren't interested. I didn't even return her first phone call because I was out of town. When she called the second time I told her we had decided not to move, but she was really insistent that I must at least look.

I didn't want to mislead her in any way. I didn't want her to waste her time showing me the house (even tho I admit I was curious) because WE WERE NOT MOVING! I actually said to her that there was--AND I QUOTE--"WAY less than a 1% chance we would move."

Well, we laugh about that now and we are both reminded of the clip from Dumb and Dumber which I have included for your viewing enjoyment:



Signed papers tonight. It looks like it's a done deal. Oh, and I'll need more lamaze, we have to move in three weeks!

3 comments:

Thankfulmom said...

Oh, oh, oh, a bigger house. I will not be jealous, I will not covet your square footage, I will be content. Yes, content. Or at least I'll give it a really good try.

Congratulations on selling your house so quickly. What a blessing for your family.

robandchristel said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! How big is it? Room for 8 more?

Stevens Family said...

WOW!! That was fast. Great news. I can't wait to see some pics :) Sounds like you'll have room for more too ;)