Friday, July 3, 2009

Flat

Eric took the little ones away for some fun today while I stayed home to pack.

It was weird. I thought I would be really emotional today, especially once some rooms were totally packed up, but I wasn't. I just feel flat. Flat as in emotions, not flat as in chested. I know I'm that so that's nothin new!

I don't know if it's just all the turmoil we've had with selling the house or that I feel like I am supposed to cry so I can't? Again, it's just weird, not what I expected.

Then again, this is just a house. I'm not really into material things. I never feel sad when we sell a car break a piece of our Wedgwood and I rarely keep any type of memento. The only thing I really collect are little ceramic boxes and I only buy one of those when I travel internationally to a new country.

Eric would say I collect kids too and I guess he's kinda right. International travel is usually involved there too. Still. I didn't even cry when I traced the kids heights off the laundry room wall (I will redo them all in our new house).

The only time I cried was this morning when Lizzy said she had a dream last night about Joe and he was laughing and eating ice cream--in our NEW house! Maybe that vision has been helping me through the day, knowing that Joe will be with us where ever we go.

I'll end with some pics of the kids at the beach last week. Kim and Paul were with their grandparents and I had intended on just staying for a little while then heading to a museum but the little boys had so much fun we ended up just spending the day at the beach:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

everything we need is enough said...

Is that the cute "friend" with Lizzy??