Monday, July 27, 2009

The Hurried Child

I met Dr. David Elkind at the library. He was kind enough to fill my brain with the following post:

The dryer was broken and mother did not want any more laundry to do. It began to rain very hard. In fact, it began to rain in torrents rarely seen. The children desperately wanted to go out and run in the rain and the mother thought it best to stay in, but when she saw the look of hopefulness on her children's faces she knew Dr. Elkind would think it kind, and wise, to say, "Yes!"

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Childhood is fleeting. Let children enjoy the pouring joy from the sky, even when the dryer is broken.

4 comments:

sandwichinwi said...

I love that your big girls are out playing, too. My big girl would probably be the one initiating that fun! I'm so glad they can be children still a while longer.

Blessings,
Sandwich

asian~treasures said...

So fun! Micah & Adria did the exact same thing last week...I was working in (dry) garage & they were having a blast on the patio!

Sheri, David, Micah & Adria

Sandra & Steve said...

Don't know if I've commented here before but I love your blog and this post was just another thought provoking one. It's a great reminder to all parents to let their children have a childhood. We brought our daughter home from VN in 08 and hope to start the paperchase for a 3-5 yr old little boy next. Take care!

Sally- That Girl! said...

Love Lizzie's shirt!