Friday, September 10, 2010

Defenders of Freedom

Today I feel especially proud to be an American.  Will graduated from Boot Camp/AIT.

Hubby, Kim, Will's girlfriend and I, headed for Georgia to witness the momentous occasion.  Kim was the selected travel child for this trip--quickly talking mom and dad into a new hat:


Yesterday, Hubby, a 22-year Army veteran, had the honor of presenting his son with the blue cord.


It was an emotional ceremony with the soldiers running in and assuming formation, then our National Anthem was played.  It was all I could do to keep from crying.  I felt so proud, not just of my own son, but of all the boys who are willing to fight for our freedom. 

And today, amidst our marching soldiers and an Army band playing patriotic songs,


rifles booming,


and expertly trained soldiers standing strong and proud,


We witnessed our little boy, who has truly become a man, proudly graduate and shout out- 

                                   The Soldier's Creed
I am an American Soldier.
I am a Warrior and a member of a team.
I serve the people of the United States
and live the Army  values.

I will always place the Mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.

I will never leave a fallen comrade.

I am disciplined, physically, and mentally tough,
trained and proficient in my Warrior tasks and drills.
I always maintain my Arms,
my equipment, and myself.

I am an expert and I am a professional.
I stand ready to deploy, engage,
and destroy the enemies of the 
United States of America in close combat.

I am a guardian of freedom
and the American way of life.

I am an American Soldier. 

America has incredibly brave soldiers to defend freedom, including this soldier--here with his sweet girl friend C.


God bless the USA.
We love you Will!

1 comment:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Thank him for us!!!! Love the fact that we have people who love our country and are willing to protect it!