Saturday, October 9, 2010

It's Crazy to Even Consider But . . .

Do you see this big smile on my face?  It is very, very big!

We are now the proud owners of an APPROVAL notice from USCIS.

Unfortunately, Monday is a holiday, so we will miss the Friday cut-off for DTC (dossier to China), so our dossier won't be sent until the next week. 

I am actually considering driving to San Fran (which is where we get our approval authenticated).  San Fran is a long ways.  It is quite ridiculous for me to even speculate at the possibility.  RIDICULOUS!  And yet . . . the possibility that our daughter might be able to come home even one week sooner . . .



Adoption can make a person do crazy things.

5 comments:

The Coys said...

Wow - that is amazing! Can't you just overnight it to SF? That would be quicker than you driving!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Like the song by Steven Curtis Chapman- Something Crazy! YES IT CAN AND DOES :)

Annette said...

Yeah! Congratulations!!!!! One step closer!

We didn't have quite as long of a drive as you, but we did drive 3 hours to get our stuff certified, just to get it done that much sooner.

Ann said...

Clarification--yes, I can overnight it to SF, but I can't send it until Tues because that is the soonest I can State certify it (due to Monday's holiday). Once it is in SF the fastest service is overnight and that is only if it is walked in (I am paying a courrier service to do this). By the time it is authenticated, it will be Thursday and that is when the doc would need to be at our agency. I'm realizing it probably isn't possible even with driving because I would need to be able to get there before 5 on Tues. It's a 10 hour drive. Sigh.

Sandra & Steve said...

It's ok, I've chosen to take my delays (in hindsight) as a sign of while not good fortune, perhaps a "meant to be" moment. With our first we had a state certification delay which delayed our log in date for VN which put us in the sweet window that brought us to our daughter, those before us were matched in a province that closed, those same week or a week after waited months longer for a referral. This time we had another state certification delay for our waiting daughter, and while we did drive our docs to expedite, this time, I took it as a sign of sorts, perhaps how our girls come to us. Adoption makes us all crazy. ;0)