Friday, October 1, 2010

Queen

Okay, so I will finally tell you the beautiful middle name for our daughter!  Her first name will be her Chinese name (which we still don't really know how to pronounce but hopefully will eventually learn :-).  Her blog name will still be Rose--because I love the name, love my friend named Rose, and always thought our next daughter would have "Rose" in her name.

The name revealed in my dream:

Quinn

One meaning of Quinn is queen.  Our daughter is very quiet and timid; I believe the name will bring her a sense of dignity and self esteem.  I am also reminded of Queen Esther, a woman of great beauty and courage, a story near and dear to my heart because Esther was once an orphan, but ended up becoming queen and saving her people. 


God has big plans for our Quinn too.

The name guessing was won by Four Dogs.  She was one of only two guesses (can someone please tell me why I have hundreds of readers and no commenter's??  Shesh!  Send me some love!)  How did you guess Four Dogs?  Your prize is coffee together (my treat), a picture of last year's back-to-school cookie, and updated pictures of Quinn!

7 comments:

Alex and Riann said...

SOOOOOOOO bummed that I haven't been over on your blog this past week. I would have definitely beat out 4 Dogs (even though I like you C!) and really would like to fight over a coffee date. :) Love the name and the story. Thanks for sharing.

amber said...

Micaela and I were dying to know.... our guesses were Taylor or Cameron. But the name Quinn is FABULOUS. I absolutely LOVE it! Good job...

Sandra & Steve said...

My husband and I were on a six hour round trip to drive our dossier documents to get state certified (because, you guessed it, our notary did it wrong the first time around) when I read your blog post on my phone. We chatted but were too exhausted to come up with any good guesses. Plus my texting skills are not the best, lol.

Quinn is a lovely unique name! We also love Rose. Our daughter is 7 coming home from Taiwan and we too are keeping her beautiful name and planning on giving her a middle name as yet to be determined.

We were fortunate to get video of her and can hear someone saying her name so we "think" we know the proper pronounciation. Google also has a translator so that if you type her name in (chinese characters or English/pinyin) you can press a button and hear it pronounced on your computer. Ours matched what we heard on the video.
Good luck! Looking forward to the day when you can post her picture.

asian~treasures said...

LOVE the name Quinn...Adria would have been a "Quinn" if our last name started with something other than a Q.

Ann said...

Thanks for showing me all the love! You are all invited to my birthday party!

4dogs said...

SERIOUSLY!!!??? Wow. Is there a prize? ;) I can't believe I guessed that one correctly. I'll fight R for a coffee date...name the place/time :)

4dogs said...

I got so excited when I saw that I was right that I left my comment before I read the whole post! I'm not sure how I guessed that one. It just sounded like a good guess. Really, really like the name! It suits her!