Saturday, October 30, 2010

Three Years Ago Today . . .

We welcomed HAPPINESS into our lives.  Vu is synonymous with the word happiness.  He is such a joyful little guy and he brought light to our world when it was very dark.  He continues to add joy to our lives; I am so thankful to God for His precious gift.

If you've never watched the video of Vu's first year home, it's on the sidebar.  It details our trip to Vietnam, our first moments with Vu, the thoughts of leaving so many others behind, and then the way Vu blossomed his first year home.  I love to see the way he learns to really laugh and play and enjoy family!



     Lizzy wrote this poem for Vu and me.  Precious!                          


                                       Holding On To My World


Warm little soul, safe in the arms of me.

Bright smile flashes in growing happiness.

Your young soul, growing for the world to see.

My arms tight... Your growing means loneliness

To lose you would mean losing my own world.

And while I cannot stop the hands of time,

I can cherish the moments of you curled

Against my chest, with your warm hand in mine.

Yet, when our hold loosens, and my tears flow

Your small hands brush away the falling drops.

“I’ll always be here- how could you not know?”

Those simple uttered words make my tears stop.

Despite my growing fear of losing you…

You remind me you’ll be my bug-a-boo.

5 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

That is sooo sweet. What a cutie!

4dogs said...

Happy three years! Love to see the pictures of that happy face!

Annette said...

I can't believe it's already been 3 years since Vu has been home. I am so glad that I have gotten the opportunity and the privilege to have met both you and Vu. Happy 3 years!

Tell Lizzy that's a great poem!

thecurryseven said...

Has it really been three years already!?!

Congratulations to all of you.

e

Anonymous said...

I was thinking that too - 3 years??!!!
God has such a great way of bringing together the right child with the right family doesn't He?
Gerrie