Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Filthy Animal Now Needs Camera Advice

Thank you to all who gave me vacuum advice.  I am now the proud owner of a Dyson, bought on Black Friday for half off!  Score!  Dyson has a new style out which is much lighter, but for two-hundred bucks, I will beef up my biceps. 



Err . . . I mean, the biceps of my children.

The worst part about the vacuum is that it is bagless.  While I originally thought this was a marvelous invention, I now realize it is an in-your-face way of showing what a filthy pig house we own.  I can't believe the amount of dog hair this thing consumes!  Wow! 

Anyhoo, the next big purchase in our family is a new camera.  I want something small for our trip to China.  I want to keep it under $300.  The main thing I am looking for is zoom and picture quality.  ADVICE?

Thanks everyone!

7 comments:

The Coys said...

What happened to your Nikon?

The Coys said...

I was just looking on dyson.com to see if there is a stairs attachment of some sort and saw they have a grooming attachment - for your dog!!!: http://www.dyson.com/homepage.asp

Laura said...

I too just bought a Dyson, on the advice of my sister Lisa at Onethankfulmom, and am mortified at all the dirt it picked up the first time I used it. Guess the old one was in worst shape than I thought. Just think how clean the carpets and floors will be now!

Ann said...

I still have the Nikon but don't usually like to lug it around places. I'm looking for something small and we are planning on taking it with us to China.

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Same vacuum we have and yes...when I see the nasty it picks up- EWWWW!

Kelli said...

I have a Canon Powershot and I love it.

4dogs said...

We have four dogs...and a Dyson animal. Sadly, I could vacuum the carpet and do it again 1/2 hour later and STILL pick up hair! They are great vacuums - even if they do show us what filthy pigs we really are ;)