Thursday, January 13, 2011

Life

We lost someone near and dear to our hearts today.  It was unexpected.  And she was much too young to die--too full of life and love. 

As I sit here in shock, a million thoughts go through my head, but there are two that keep repeating themselves:  Life is Fleeting and Life Must Be Lived to the Fullest. 

Life is but a mist.  And we never know which day will be our last.  I know this better than most; yet it's brutally re-taught on a regular basis.

I think of Tim McGraw's song, Live Like You Were Dying. 

I want to live my life to the fullest, because I want to live for those who didn't have the chance.  I want my life to count--not just for me--but for all the family members who have been taken too soon. 

To make an analogy to baseball, I don't want to wait at the plate hoping for the safety of a walk; I want to be swinging for the homerun and then go flying around the bases sliding face-first into homeplate.   

For me.  For them.  For Christ.

4 comments:

Future Mama said...

I'm so sorry for your loss...

Much love and prayers,
Future Mama
http://expectingablessing.blogspot.com/

Mindy said...

Prayers for you and your sweet family!

Mrs. Deem said...

I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

I find myself not living life to the fullest and getting weighed down by the everyday details and then tragedy will strike or something will show how fragile life is and I'll pledge to live in each moment, to stop telling my kids one sec and just BE. hard to truly put it into action.

prayers for you