Friday, January 21, 2011

We're Crazier Than I Thought! The Circus Is Going To China!

I think we might win the award for "Craziest Adoption Trip."  Not that it's a contest.  But maybe I can talk one of those reality TV shows into making it a contest--so we can win a lot of money.  And I'm pretty sure we would win because our family can be pretty hysterical to watch en mass.

We've decided to take SIX of our kids with us to China.  (Please SOMEONE talk some sense into us--before it's too late!)  We still hope to travel in March.

I'm not quite sure how it all happened.  It started with "only" taking the three youngest.

And now we are all going (minus Will--still in military training).  It will truly be a circus of chaos, craziness, crankiness, sweet memories, and FUN! 

A friend suggested we get one of those ropes that preschools use--the ones with all the knots.
Too Funny! 

8 comments:

thecurryseven said...

I'm not going to talk you out of it... I think it sounds like a ball! My secret fantasy is that we are somehow able to take our whole gang to Vietnam some day, so I completely understand, and perhaps am a little jealous.

e

Mrs. Deem said...

I think it's an awesome idea! Crazy, but awesome. One of our biggest regrets about Ethiopia, was not taking at least some of our other kids with us. It seems like a neat way to help weave all our histories together. My oldest son says, "I'm part Irish, part Cherokee, and part Wolaytan (region in Ethiopia)." I like that :)

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Sounds like serious crazy fun to me! I would join you :)

amber said...

Travel has been our biggest family bonding agent.... and the best educator our children have ever had. I know you know it, but the money spent on this trip is the best money you will ever spend. I do have to admit that I am slightly worried about someone not making it into a subway or something. Maybe instead of a rope they hang onto you should get 6 of those leash backpacks....

thecurryseven said...

This is the perfect excuse for the matching Sound of Music outfits... and you could number them so you can tell at a glance where everyone is and who is missing!

e

Ann said...

Brilliant e! The last time I tried to force my kids to do Sound of Music I had to BRIBE the older boys--maybe I can tell them it's a Chinese law?? "We have a one child policy. Families that refuse to follow this rule must keep all siblings in matching attire at all times."

It's worth trying! LOL!

Stevens Family said...

that's so wonderful :) Crazy and wonderful.

4dogs said...

I don't think it sounds crazy at all. I can't wait to follow along on your trip - unless you'd like to take me too? I'd love to go back to China. We could have our coffee in Guangzhou...there is a Starbucks on Shamien Island. Just sayin'!