Monday, February 7, 2011

Shabby Chic for Asia?

Is shabby chic still in?  How about just plain shabby? 

I have this amazing idea! (I know, it's amazing just to hear that my brain is working at full capacity.  It happens.  From time to time.)

Anyhoo, it all started when considering how to pack for our trip.  9 people.  17 days. 



44 pounds is the weight limit for luggage in China.

And the weather?  92 degrees in Vietnam, 55 in Guangzhou, 22 in Beijing. 
Yes, 22. 

While considering this quandary I was in the laundry toom--my sanctuary for thinking.  As I was folding a pair of Vu's sweatpants, I noticed they were getting worn out, so I put them in the Goodwill box.

Then . . .  it happened!  My great idea!  (Imagine a halo of light shining down on my head!)

Instead of donating the pants to Goodwill, I would just take them with us to Asia!  And once Vu had worn them, I would just leave them there, right there in China--making room for things to buy!

I realized we can take all our old clothes to China!  And just leave them there!

We can all come back naked!!!! 


But we will be sporting lots of stylish Coach purses!



I'm a genius I tell ya!  A genius!



Sidenote:  I'm pretty sure I'm not the first to come up with this idea.  But please, let me bask in my glory for a day. Or two.  Thanks.

5 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

You are too funny!!! I love it. :) he he he...... :)

Sally-Girl! said...

I have done that with at least my old undies and socks that I should have thrown away for the last few trips, but great idea with clothes too since you can get so dirty in China.

I guess I will start saving my old clothes for our next trip!!! Just saying!!!!

csmith said...

I have actually done that! When we go on vacation to the beach I hate coming back with clothes that always seem damp and sandy. So, the last time I took our oldest summer clothes, we wore them there, and when we left I left them at the local laundry that had a goodwill drop off. We had plenty of room to bring home our new purchases and when we got home summer was just about over anyway. We did keep one outfit to wear home, eight hours in the car with seven naked people was more than I could handle;)

thecurryseven said...

You never fail to put a smile on my face, Ann.

Do they let you on airplanes w/o clothes? Of course, you could be setting a precedent... forget the body scanners if you're not covered up.

e

4dogs said...

I was going to come to the airport when you came home...I might have to rethink this if you're all coming back naked. ;)