Thursday, February 3, 2011

We're Going To China!

It's been a CRAZY week!  TA and CA (travel approval and dates), airline tickets and hotel reservations.

We aren't traveling as soon as we had hoped, but we are happy and excited to know we will have our little girl in a few short long weeks!

We leave March 15th!


Let the countdown begin!

If you are wondering what the picture has to do with our adoption, there's a little story behind it.  I was driving home from a vacation last summer, looked down at my watch, realized it was Friday afternoon and I had forgotten to call USCIS to check on our fingerprints.  In a panic, I took the next exit (the fish hatchery), made the kids stay in the car (because they are loud and I wanted to be able to actually HEAR the USCIS officer), I stood outside in the blazing sun (on hold), and eventually learned our application was approved!  It was a good day!  So goes the life of an adoptive parent.

3 comments:

Ann said...

SWEET!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Yeah!!! So glad you will be going sooonnnnn!!! :) Know some others traveling hopefully around that timeish??

Anonymous said...

My heart is DANCING for you!!! Colleen