Monday, March 21, 2011

The One We've Been Waiting For!

Here's an update from Ann...


Today was like a dream come true. I keep looking at Rose and imagine her spending the rest of her life with us--it is indescribable how incredible that feels. It is always an amazing thing to know a child through pictures and then get to see them in real life, where every little facial features shows. It is the difference 3d makes! She is even more beautiful in real life!

Rose came right to us, smiling but nervous. She has done amazingly well, going out to dinner and interacting with the family.

Rose is so incredibly sweet! I can't wait for the day I can hug her and hold her and have her feel comfortable with it--she allows hugs now but I don't want to scare her. She is definitely bonding with her two sisters. They are all laying in bed together as I type this.

Rose had her first bath tonight. I am fairly certain she has never had a bath in a western tub before. She was modest and yet needed help so she kept wrapped in the shower curtain while I helped her wash her hair. Once she realized it was okay to sit down in the water she let out a sigh of wonder and enjoyed the warmth of the deep water. She is now wearing the pink ballerina pajamas that I bought for her--the first piece of clothing I bought after we were matched.

The phrase that comes to mind is, "Today is the first day of the rest of my life." We are truly blessed.

7 comments:

Kelli said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm over the moon excited for you guys. I can't wait to see more pictures!

Amy said...

Wonderful news! That picture brings back memories of meeting our sweet girl there 3 years ago. Such a beautiful girl! Blessings to you all!

Andrea said...

AWESOME!! What a Smile!
Congrats to your family.

J and J said...

She is beautiful! What a blessing for your family to FINALLY be united with your precious daughter. Many prayers for all of you as you spend those first few days as a family getting to know one another. GOD is GOOD!

Johanna (Holt VN Mom)

Sammy said...

What a cutie! I showed her picture to Remi. Remi is very happy for her!

Sally-Girl! said...

She is beautiful!!! Today IS the first day of the rest of her life!!

Stevens Family said...

Yay!!! Congratulations!! She is so beautiful. What fun it will be to get to know your sweet girl. What a joy!