Saturday, March 26, 2011

OSU!
 I am finding it difficult to blog while in China for several reasons—our days are filled with appointments, siteseeing, and children!  Six, in fact!  I know there are six because everywhere we go I count them over and over again, making sure we haven’t lost one.  So far, so good! 

Starbucks!
Today James left after spending a two nights in Hong Kong.  He loved adventuring out to new horizons and HK sounds like an exciting and interesting city.  It was great having family time with him and he will definitely be missed!
Rose with James
In the meantime, Rose received four immunizations and a TB test all in the same day.  For those who know me, you know I winced with every shot—I am a true PNW hippy-chic who doesn’t believe it’s good for the body to receive too many shots at once.  I NEVER give my kids more than one shot at a time.  Anyhoo, Rose took it all in stride, and seems no worse for the wear.  We did have ice cream later, just to make sure she won’t hate us forever!





Rose continues to do amazingly well.  She is definitely a kick in the pants and full of energy.  She is hysterically funny, often sending me into near pee-your-pants mode.  We have nightly dance parties, funny face contests, and park sporting events, such a playing hot potato with the whole family at the park.  Lizzy had the quote of the day saying, “It’s a good thing Rose wasn’t adopted into a normal family!”  This girl has zest and a love for craziness!

Live pet market

We seem to attract a crowd everywhere we go with people trying to figure out our family.  If we stand in one place for a bit there will be people all around us taking pictures with their cell phones and cameras.  I guess this is what it feels like to be famous.  Maybe I should dress a little nicer.





The best event of the day was when we went to the market and found the claw game.  Paul is an expert and tried his hand, but with no luck.  Soon, we had all the kids trying (it was cheap!) and many Chinese watching.  First Patrick, then Rose, finally found success with the whole crowd cheering them on.  It was definitely a feeling of “won”ness!    I wish I had a picture of Rose winning her little Hello Kitty.  Priceless!  I have a feeling we will have more of the claw game in the very near future!



First Starbucks
Thank you for all your prayers and support.  We appreciate hearing from all of you and are excited to come back home!

5 comments:

Sally-Girl! said...

Sounds like you guys are having too much fun!!! Love how Rose is fitting in so nicely. Glad to hear she matches your wit!!

Andrea said...

so much fun!
love the market pictures.

Stevens Family said...

Sounds like you all are having a blast! So awesome that everyone went on the trip. Sounds like that's exactly what Rose likes best; the whole crazy, loud, fun family :)

Jamin said...

Your loving family always seem fascinating to me. I love how Lizzy had mentioned in her quote that your family isn't normal. Its great to have a little spice in life rather than just sweet and sour. Keep up the good work :)

Our Family said...

Enjoying every post! Congratulations family!! Love, Mary Li