Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easy Solutions

So, I'm working on the un-discombobulation and one solution has been to find little things that drive me nuts, but are easily remedied. 

Most will cost me some $$, but in the long-run I will probably have to buy those things anyway.  And hey, new underwear is cheap compared to new straight-jackets. 

Here are a few of the items that will lead to more sanity:
  • new underwear and socks (I am forever running to the laundry room to find clean ones proving I do  change them, thank you very much).
  • more nice bathroom towels (ditto)
  • another pair of glasses for Vu (one very active, highly-distractable boy = too many hours searching for glasses which he was sure had been put on his desk)
  • two new plastic milk containers for Patrick's lunch (we only had one which meant constant washing)
  • enough lunch money for the other kids to last until the end of the year (no more panicked phone calls about being out of lunch money!)
I am also spending 15 minutes every day working on my desk, files, and paperwork organization.

I can already feel a sense of relief, just knowing solutions are coming! 

And for your entertainment, the peaceful river view from our hotel room in Guangzhou.  It was really beautiful and every night there was a brilliant light show.  Rose took tons of pictures. 

2 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Sounds like a great plan!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, towels are nice, fluffy, and cheap at Walmart:) Just made the purchase myself. Coll Cat
PS. just commenting to you about that