Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Did You Know?

The Rufous Hummingbird migrates over 1,000 miles every year? 

That's a whole lotta wing-flapping for a three-inch bird!  Of course, the wings beat 60 times per second,  so that's REALLY a lot!

One of the coolest things about having so many kids is all the knowledge I gain through them.  I learn tons about people and subjects that I thought I had little interest in--at least, not enough interest to research.

Just think, I could have gone my whole life without knowing that the Rufous Hummingbird is aggressive enough to chase a squirrel away from a bird feeder!



Thanks to my kids for broadening my horizons!  And Vu, a job well done on your Hummingbird report!

1 comment:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Love learning with my kiddos :) Hummingbird is great proof of GOD :)