Tuesday, May 17, 2011

News Flash! Life Isn't Slowing Down Anytime Soon!

I haven't posted much lately.  Wanna know why?  I've been a crazy lady around here!

Not because I have so many kids.  Not because I have a newly adopted child.  Not because I'm near the end of the school year.  Not because I have a graduating senior.  And 8th grader.  And 6th grader.

Actually, come to think of it, those may be part of the reason for the silence.

But actually, most of the reason is because I've come to a very important conclusion. 

Life's not gonna slow down anytime soon. 

I know.  I'm a genius!  It only took me a few decades to figure out.

Anyhoo, I finally realized I cannot keep procrastinating on things that need to get done--things I keep putting off until _____ when life won't be so busy. 

It all started when I walked through the attic a couple weeks ago and I remembered all my best laid plans of reorganizing it--and I realized that all those times had come and gone and life was still going at break-neck speed and my attic was still a raving mess.

Instead of this realization driving me into the fetal position, it helped me jump start a bunch of big and little projects.  LOTS. 

No worries tho, I'm sure I will go back into denial mode soon, this lunatic phase will quickly pass, and I will return to my life of project procrastination, and therefore more regular posts.

In the meantime, a couple cute pics.




3 comments:

Anna said...

You made me laugh. I sometimes wonder if its the weather? I walked 3 mi. two days this week and cleaned the layer of stuff off my drafting table to start painting again! Praying you get LOTS done!!!

Sammy said...

I love the homepage picture of you all. BTW, isn't this better than being bored? : - )

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

He he he he....love it!!! So in your next post we will see pics of what you did right??? :)