Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Great Stayve-Cation

This summer will be our year of the Great Stayve-Cation.

And what, you may ask, is that?

It is the summer we stay home and save money (get it--stayve) . . . yet still make it feel like a Great vacation. 

Which is why it is called "Great Stayve-Cation" and not  "Lame Stayve-Cation."

Or maybe it's just that I like to make up words and make myself feel so smart that I can make up words.  Which any two-year-old can do, but let's pretend I don't know that.

Either way, bottom line is finding lots of fun things to do at home, near home . . . for free/cheap!

Because, as you can imagine, any and all vacation funds have been emptied.  For some time.  From our NON-stayve-cation to China.  (Did I just make up another word?)

Anyhoo, besides a couple pre-planned road trips to visit relatives, we will be enjoying our Great Stayve-Cation and I will report back from time to time.  Because, if nothing else, I love using my new word.

DAY ONE:  Spent 49 cents on a pack of Willy Wonka Everlasting Gobstoppers, then watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (which we already owned). 



The Great Stayve-Cation.  Stay tuned.  And please feel free to add ideas.

No comments: