Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Iridescent Wings

My sweet Lizzy graduated! 



My baby girl--attached at the hip for so many years--forever melded into my heart.



I love you.  I love your sense of joy, humor, determination, and compassion.



I am proud of your accomplishments, including Valedictorian.



But mostly, I am so proud of the woman you are. 



Not only are you my daughter, you are my inspiration. 



Off to new beginnings,



Voted by your class, Most Likely To Change The World . . .



Your future awaits . . . .

(All professional photos Riann Schell Photography--thank you Riann!)

I celebrate with a special poem, written just for you . . .

Iridescent Wings

Lavender fairy dust, lullabies,
dancing dimples, and
dreams.

Primrose whispers, paisley pinafores,
golden laughter, lilies, love, light, and
heaven sent moonbeams.

Magenta blessings, fireflies,
wispy tendrils, and
wings.

May God bless you and keep you.  I love you forever and always!  Congratulations!

5 comments:

amber said...

Amazing girl and amazing poem - good job!!!! xoxo -

amber

4dogs said...

What beautiful pictures! Riann did a great job! Congratulations, Lizzy!

Annette said...

Congratulations Lizzy!

Love the pictures!

Anonymous said...

she is absolutely beautiful and from your words, just as beautiful on the inside as the outside. The world would do well to be changed by someone like your daughter!

laurajonesjournal said...

wow,
stumbled across your blog. and now i'm sitting in tears.
adoption is often a narrow road and your blog brought me encouragement tonight.
I can see that your daughter gets her gifts from her parents as you have lived a full selfless life and it has affected her.
I'm so sorry about your loss.
I'm so thankful that we are not home yet, this is not our home, we are traveling through.
just going to pray for your family now as I close.
God bless you.