Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Summer Creations

I love summer and refuse to even think about the fact that it will end soon! 

I can't even believe I just typed that, because that means I have to admit to it. 

Lucky for me I have short-term memory loss--so what was I was just saying??  Huh?  I can't hear you!

We've had fun making homemade ice cream in ziplock bags--easy, just google a recipe and directions--you can even eat it right out of the bag.  Just make sure you do it outside!






We made homemade envelopes which brought out the creativity in the older kids.  Lizzy even made matching personalized stationary for all her graduation thank yous.  Just open a small envelope (gently open the glued edges), trace onto a torn out page from a magazine, cut around it, fold, then glue-stick leaving the flap open (tape it closed later).  It's also nice to stick a mailing label for the address space. 



It can actually be quite addictive--notice the variety!


And nail art has taken on all new dimensions in our household including zebra nails:


And nail-polish-tattoo-art--which the boys are loving!



Up next--a super simple and really cute apron for kids.

1 comment:

sid said...

Your kids looks like they have so much fun! YAY! :)