Saturday, August 27, 2011

Summer Sewing--Cute and Easy Apron For Kids

We had so much fun making aprons! 



Rose was absolutely enamoured with the sewing machine and, by the end, able to sew with just a little assistance.  I bought my sewing machine when I was in 8th grade with money from my paper route--talk about getting my moneys-worth!



Patrick was happy to show off his skills.




I found such a cute and easy pattern on this website--reversible and adorable! 



We used flannel simply because it was what I had on hand, but any cotton fabric will do.  The only thing I had to buy was a pair of D-rings for each apron neckband. 



Rose wanted hers to be the same on both sides:



Patrick chose monkeys for one side:



Sharks on the other:


Vu went for puppies and monkeys:


I made the pattern 2" longer for Rose and Patrick, and would make the neck strap 2" shorter in the future. 

It's a quick and easy pattern and would make a really cute gift. 


I am so glad my mother and grandmother taught me to sew.  It's a great life skill and one I've enjoyed passing down to my own children.  If you don't know how to sew, come on over and join the party!   
Happy Sewing!  

Sunday Snapshot


1 comment:

Cora said...

That looks really fun! I might have to try it out.