Wednesday, January 11, 2012

P4#10--Goodbye Guest Room

Since we are getting so close to travel (give another holler!), I thought it would be fun to do a mini-series on our day-to-day preparations for Mei Mei and travel.

Get it.  P4#10--Preparing for #10. 

Go ahead.  Tell me I'm the smartest, most creative, wittiest person you know.  I will soak it right up!

Today our preparations include switching bedrooms!  Let me tell ya, switching and swapping bedrooms is a common theme in any large family!  (In fact, my two most popular posts have been about bedroom solutions--here and here.)

Currently, Rose and Kim share a bedroom. 


Once Mei Mei comes home, she will take Kim's place, and Kim will take over Lizzy's bedroom--which is currently in a state of disarray as it prepares to head to the basement (not that it doesn't always look like this, but I'm attempting to protect the not-so-innocent).


And Lizzy?  She is taking over the guest room.


Yes.  I am sorry to report that our past guests will no longer have guest quarters.  BUT, we still have space for you--no worries!  We have beds galore and despite this fact, some of our children still prefer sleeping on the floor--go figure!

Our most recent guests were the last to receive the guest room honors.  It seems fitting that it was our Mei Mei's namesake--my good friend R., her daughter and grandbaby.  What a precious weekend we had baking, going to the waterfront, chatting long into the night, and cuddling, cuddling, cuddling the precious baby!






Back to the great room switch of 2012!

1 comment:

Sally-Girl! said...

All my Asian kids prefer the floor!!!!