Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tag! You're It!

Lisa, over at Everything Murphy, tagged me with the "Tell Me About Yourself Award."  Lisa was a travel buddy in China; she is sweet, funny, faithful, encouraging, and understanding.  Thanks for the award--I feel so special!


The rules of the award are:  1) Thank the person who gave you this award (done!),  2) List 7 things people may not know about you (hmmmm),  3) Pass it along to a few other bloggers.

Ready?

1. I'm a nymphomaniac.  It's true.  Just ask my husband.

1.  Restart. I dislike autocorrect.  The statement above was supposed to read, "I'm an insomniac.  It's true.  Just ask my husband."  When I'm not suffering from insomnia, I'm out cold--I've even been told that I snore!  Don't believe it!  I've never heard myself snore!

2.  If I had been born 30 years later, I probably would have been diagnosed with ADHD.  I just like to think of myself as a fidgety-scatter-brained-crazy-lady-who-suffers-from BUT FIRST DISEASE.  Seriously, I think ADHD is diagnosed WAY too often--and over-medicated.

3.  I don't like dogs.  Hopefully, I'll still have friends after making that statement public.  My dislike stems from my teenage days as a newspaper delivery girl.  On the plus side, I do love my own dog.  In fact, I'm one of those people who would spend thousands of dollars for dog appendectomy surgery.

4.  I don't watch TV.  I don't even know how to work the remote. I LOVE to read.  Love, Love.  I am usually reading at least five books all at the same time.  But I rarely read fiction and when I do, I can't stand the suspense, so I usually skip to the end of the book.  I know, that's lame. 

5. I recently gave up drinking.  That makes me sound like an alcoholic. Let me start over.  I recently gave up social drinking, which only happened a few times a year anyway.  I did it to give my kids a role model (Hubby drinks sparingly, so I also consider him a role model).  I'm surprised how socially awkward it can be (especially when living in wine country).  Just for the record, the last time I had more than two drinks was 25 years ago in Germany, at our going away party.  The last thing I remember was doing cartwheels on the table!  Oh to be young and crazy--apparently I wasn't as concerned with role-model status!

6.  I don't like small talk.  And I'm not very good at it.  When I make a phone call, I get right to the point of my call.  Then, sometimes, half-way through the conversation I realize my social blunder and say, "Oh! How are you?"  Did I mention I don't even like making phone calls?  Did I mention I'm all about time management--even socially?  I don't know how my friends put up with me!

7.  I think birds are sometimes angels in disguise, and when I see the sun come through the clouds in a certain way, I think my son is looking down from Heaven saying, "Hi Mom!  It's great being up here with Jesus!  I love you!"  I think about Joe more times than I can count every . single . day.  I miss him more than words can convey. 


There you have it.  I pass along the award to my sister, Trisha, at The Coy Pond, my sister, Amber, at As the World Turns, and Elizabeth, at Ordinary Time

Tag!  You're It!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Love reading everything you've shared:) I definitely suffer from but first disease, too! And I also think birds are angels sometimes:)

Thanks for playing and passing the torch!

thecurryseven said...

Thank you, Ann. I love it when someone gives me a topic to post about and I don't have to come up with one myself.

e

Nancy said...

I adore that you think of Joe so often. That kind of love is steadfast.
As to small talk, ya, it's an art that I just don't get either. Not very good at it.
nancy