Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Why Is There A Skillet Of Sausage On My Stove?

One.  Just one.


I would love to say that yesterday was as blissful as the day before.

But that would be a lie.

A big lie.

Yesterday was a stressful day, with misbehaving kids and an even bigger misbehaving mom. 

I am usually a very patient mom.  Yesterday?  Not so much.  One child even went to bed crying.  Which makes me feel like the worst mother in the whole wide world.

What is all the stress about?

Sadly, except for Lan Lan, we are leaving all the kids behind.

I know they will be well cared for.  They have lots of fun plans with lots of fun people.

But still . . . . I don't like to be away from my babies!

While last year was full of excitement for everyone, this year has sadness mixed in.  I keep thinking of the shepherd who had to leave behind his 99 sheep to go find the lost one.

Big deep breath. 

Still lots of loose ends to tie up.

Oh, and why is there a big skillet of sausage on my stove?  I cooked it up for the kids' breakfast. 

Then forgot to feed it to them.

That's where my brain is today.

Luckily, they did eat noodles.

One day.

Actually, LESS than one day until we leave!   Buckle up!

No comments: