Monday, March 26, 2012

Hunkering Down

It's a good thing my kids had so much fun being entertained while we were in China.

Because spring break has been pretty lame. 

Luckily Mother Nature came through with some snow (Mei Mei said she had never played in snow before--is that really possible after growing up in Beijing?).





 
And then some sun.




We've been doing the post-adoption-hunkerdown-try-to-stay-home-thing.




The journey (and work) begins to teach Mei Mei about family life.  We are starting at square one.



We are making progress in the Mommy-promises-she-is-not-going-to-eat-you-for-lunch-lesson.  It began with her playing hairdresser.

Lots of hair bows--it's all the rage you know!!



Mei Mei would fix my hair, then take pictures.

For some reason Hubby refused to take me on a date!

Then, we started to play this game where I would put one of the little boys on my back and pretend I couldn't find them.  I would ask Mei Mei if she had seen her brother (on my back), and then proceed to feign that I couldn't find him anywhere!  I would look high and low, behind the couch and under the table, and she would try to tell me he was on my back, but I pretended I didn't know he was there. 

Mei Mei laughed and laughed!

After playing this for a couple of days, Mei Mei surprised me by hopping on my back!  And then, OF COURSE, we all had to pretend we couldn't find her!!



Small steps.  Small steps.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Keep up the hard work, Mama. You're His hands.
nancy

thecurryseven said...

I love the bows! (Just don't go to the store like I did when I forgot they were there one day.)

I asked Mr. Lei when we were going around Beijing if they had much snow and he said they got very little snow. So maybe it's possible.

e

Stephanie said...

Ah, you're such a good momma to your kids! :)

Alex and Riann said...

Inspired and blessed by your words, your living this life. Praying for your family today and thanking God for you walking ahead of us!

The Coys said...

Ah so sweet she sounds, learning through all the play. I cannot wait to meet her!!! (ps I also love her skinny jeans)