Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Magical Moments

We are now anxiously awaiting our departure home.  As the days have gone by, Mei Mei has become more easily excitable--there is only so much stimulation a child can take before reaching over-drive! 

It is going to take time for her to adjust to a new normal.  I can't even wrap my brain around all the changes occurring for her in such a short amount of time.  Honestly, I've said it before, but I just can't fathom it other than to imagine myself being taken to live with aliens!  She has much to learn both socially and academically, but she learns quickly, and it will be great for her to be surrounded by so many siblings. 

As we wait for our consulate appointment we have spent our days sightseeing and shopping.  We finally  found Mei Mei her heart's desire--a Mickey Mouse.  So happy was she! 



She is a Mickey NUT--I have a feeling we will be seeing a lot more Disney in our future. 

Today we finished some shopping.  Mei Mei found some cool glasses!


We also went out to Shamian Island.  While resting at the park we saw some locals over to the side singing songs.  Soon Lan Lan went over and sat with them.  One person put up the lyrics and then everyone would just join in--including Lan Lan. 




It was one of those truly magical moments.

1 comment:

Stevens Family said...

I have so enjoyed "tagging along" once again :)