Friday, April 27, 2012

What I'll Remember When I'm 80 . . .

It's been a great week!  So good to be home! 

When I first came home from China I decided I wasn't going to Europe.  It was too much, too soon.  I had a huge dose of motherhood guilt just thinking of leaving both Mei Mei and all the kids so soon.

But then I would wake up the next day and decide I WAS going.  It was a once-in-a-lifetime trip!  We had been planning it for over a year!  I LOVE my sisters and mom and we never get enough time together.  Certainly never an opportunity like this.  How could I NOT go?

But then by evening I would second guess myself all over again.  What kind of a mother would leave her newly adopted child just weeks after coming home?  Only a loser mother.  Right?

Yet everyone was telling me I should go.  I was so conflicted.

And then I shared my heart with a dear friend.  Her wise words?

"Ann, if you don't go, then when you are 80-years-old you will still regret it.  And if you do go, then when you are 80-years-old your kids will never even think about that week you left them.  Not even Mei Mei."

Decision made.

Best decision ever!

First up, London.
























Loved, loved, LOVED London!  The British are SO friendly!  Lovely!  Many special memories to share--next up Paris.

No comments: