Saturday, June 2, 2012

6 Kids 6000 Miles--Am I Crazy?

I have the summer off--no work no school.  How cool is that?  And, I assume this will be the last one for a few decades (unless I can somehow figure out how to extend my education another ten years!)

So, I came up with a super fabulous idea for a summer vacation. 

Really. 

It's genius.

I'm going to take the kids on a roadtrip!  A ROADTRIP of MONSTER proportions!

I have decided to take the six youngest kids and travel around a great part of the US for a total of 6,000 miles (maybe more?).

I know.  It's a bit crazy--even for someone as crazy as me.

My mom used to pack up all the kids every summer and go on long road trips lasting several weeks and several thousand miles. 



See how cute I was?  And I turned out okay.  Blame my crazy roadtrip desire on my mom.

One thing I know for sure.  It's going to be AN ADVENTURE OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!

Some of our highlights will be California, The Grand Canyon, Texas, Nashville, Indianapolis, Chicago, and Yellowstone. 

We are open to suggestions of must-see sites along the way!

Did I mention I'm doing this single parent style?  (For some reason Hubby keeps using all his vacation to go to China.)

Buckle up, it's gonna get crazy.

Stay tuned . . . .

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh goodness... you ARE brave!
but I'm sure it will be WONDERFUL!

Coleen said...

You are one brave woman! It will be very interesting to read about your summer roadtrip adventure!

thecurryseven said...

Hooray for road trips! Hooray for road trips which involve Chicago!

Robyn said...

That sounds like something I would do - nuts & totally fun!

Alison said...

If you happen to be passing through Phoenix, AZ I would love to meet you in real life so you can be a "real" friend and not just "someone I think of as a friend because I read her blog" :) By the way, since the last time we "talked" when I shared my Joys of Boys post over on we are grafted in, the Lord has brought a little one into our lives - due July 2nd, to grace our family by the gift of adoption. Totally different than what we had thought (we thought, waiting child from china, toddler, boy, minor special need in a year or so even if we start the paper work now), God said domestic, infant, girl, major special need now :) haha! such a joy. I wrote about it over on my blog if you want to check it out (www.letusbegin.us) Your road trip sounds like a blast! -Alison

Sally-Girl! said...

I say come near Sacramento and we will meet up with you!!!