Thursday, June 21, 2012

Lucky

Amidst the sorrow there is always laughter.  I recently found this photo on Lizzy's camera.



And last night, I was reading a bedtime story to the boys when Lan Lan comes stomping in.

Lan Lan (yelling):  Hey, who's not flushing the toilet!  Every day, every day, I go in the bathroom and see PEE in the toilet!  Everyday!

Patrick (calm and cool):  Well, didn't you know?  That's good luck!

Lan Lan (looking confused):  What?

Patrick (totally serious):  Yep! I don't know about in China, but in America, if you go into the bathroom and there's pee in the toilet, it's good luck.

Long pause.

Lan Lan: No!  That is NOT true!

Patrick gives Lan Lan a wry smile and a shrug of his shoulders.

I laugh.

I guess we must be the luckiest family in America!

No comments: