Thursday, June 14, 2012

Summer: Day One

Today is the first day of summer vacation!  Give a woot! 

No alarm clock, no school lunches, NO HOMEWORK! 

No classes for me either!  I am so tired of chi squared that I don't think I will ever even be able to drink chai tea again--and that would be a sin in the PNW!

This morning I woke up, looked around and declared war on my house.  I decided to clean every closet, every drawer, every nook and cranny, the garage and even the attic! 

I decided our summer will be one that even the Fly Lady will jealously drool over!

The house will be as clean and uncluttered as the day BEFORE we moved in!

War I tell you!  All out war!

No fun!  No computer!  No TV!  No outings!  Just cleaning and clearing and controlling cluttery chaos!

Seriously!!!

And then?

And then I got out of bed, picked a book from the pile that has accrued on my nightstand, curled up on the couch, watched a movie with my kids, ate breakfast at noon, drank a whole pot of coffee,

and took a nap.

My kitchen counter this morning--cluttered in a good way--
notice I am not showing you the rest of the counter top--covered
with THE DUMP from my children yesterday: papers, backpacks, and school supplies

I am happy to report my affliction has retreated.

Let the summer begin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I have never suffered from that affliction. What is it like???? Coll