Thursday, January 23, 2014

You Know You're A Mom When . . .



Yes, we've finally succumbed to that nasty flu-bug going around--fever, headache, and that everlasting cough!

I forgot the rule that moms are not allowed to get sick.

I began to feel the chills setting in, along with extreme exhaustion.  And so I did what all mothers do--I began running around like a crazy lady trying to get all the things done that I knew I wouldn't be able to do the next day when I was really sick. 

It was almost comical.  I started to make mental lists of what I could do while semi-sick (laundry, making lunch for the next day) and what I could do while really sick (return e-mails, write thank you notes, order birthday gifts on-line). 

I am happy to report that this insane type of planning did allow me one full day on the couch (thanks to my hubby who graciously took over the afternoon and evening shuttle service!--love you Honey!).

So goes the life of a mother.  Hope you and yours survive the winter crud!

2 comments:

asian~treasures said...

:( That's kinda where we are right now, too.

Anonymous said...

Hey I hope your all are well.



Erika