Monday, February 10, 2014

The Great Snowpocalypse

Hello!  Heeellllooooo! 

I miss writing here.  And I'm not sure what's causing the writer's block.  My new job?  42,000 kids?  The loss of my father?  Going into full blown organization mode?  All of the above?

And yet, I've always loved to write and share--in the best and worst of times.

So, I don't know.

Certainly, life is busy.  But it always has been.  And forever will be--even when I try to slow it down.  I've struggled trying to slow down--reading lots of books on simplification and I've tried to leave space in the day.  But you know what?  It's not me.  I'm a "fill the margin" girl.  And instead of fighting it I'm embracing who I am--I don't stay so busy because I think it's the socially acceptable awesome thing to brag about.  I don't stay busy because I'm pushing away grief--although I know that does sometimes happen.  It's just who I am.  I've always been that way.  My whole family is that way!  I'm just a person who loves action.  I've been going and doing since I was born.  And it's okay.  It's okay to be busy

My busyness just hasn't shown itself in blog posts!  BUT I've been catching up on a WHOLE lotta things that have been put on the back-burner the past few years.  Painting and organizing and redecorating.  And taking care of kids and cooking dinners and doing laundry and loving on those around me.  And I'm homeschooling now (part-time-one-kid so it doesn't really count but still . . . )

Anyhoo, I'm back.  I missed this part of my life.  I love working through thoughts and sharing life with all of you--and creating a written history for my family.

We've been surviving a HUGE winter storm here now termed the great snowpocalypse.  Canceled school and even canceled work--when it snows here the city shuts down!  Makes for some fun snow days!













 
Hope you are all enjoying the winter season! 
P.S. When it snows, put pants on.  You will be much warmer (my kids have not yet learned this).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks fun on your end. When it started down here we tried to make a snowman later in the day and it didn't hold. So many lost power we only lost internet. Good thing. But lots of trees down or we have a backyard mess neighbors have a front yard mess. Its awful there.
God bless your day.


Erika